Dean & Deluca

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ode to Harry & David Pears



Yes, it's true, I have succumbed to the elite New-Englander hype and jumped on the $5/pear bandwagon. In my defense, the pear was free, and I was hungry. Despite my loss of pride, this pear has opened my eyes to an entirely new world of fruit.
For a long time, I've asked Harry & David fans why the pears are so special and delicious. They could never give an adequate response. So, I will.
These pears have a darker, tougher skin than most, but I've concluded that this leathery layer is necessary in order to hold the overflowing, goodness that anxiously awaits inside.
Once you break through the tough exterior, you reach a sweet and juicy realm that's too magical to be legal. The interior is soft -- not mushy -- like a network of delicate roots whose sole purpose is to provide the juice with a place to sit.
Harry & David pears don't believe in clean bites, and neither do I after tasting these little flavor capsules. I'm sorry that I couldn't provide you with a picture of its inside, but I was too busy enjoying my pear.
Click here to find a Harry & David store near you.

3 comments:

  1. i tried to think of a witty comment about how new england is the best... but thats your job. im not witty. but THIS IS THE BEST/TRUEST POST EVER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the advertisement - finding us Holiday tins/nuts!!

    ReplyDelete