Dean & Deluca

Monday, September 20, 2010

London – a little Q & A

What most people want to know:
What’s it like?
Answer:
A less spectacular version of Epcot (or the South 40 for that matter)
Question for the parents:
What have I learned so far?
Answer:
That I can’t drive a car, charge a phone, or cross the street. But my dad is finally learning how to operate a camera.
A common question I’ve been getting:
How do I like it so far?
Answer:
I haven’t seen much, other than my hotel that strikingly resembles the rooms in Clue, both the board game and the movie, and frankly I’m a little concerned.




Question I have not gotten, but people should be asking considering this originally was a food blog:
What’s the food like?
Answer:
Well! Since you asked, the food is not as bad, which is too bad, as I was relying on it to reveal my true cynical wit. 
At the restaurant in the Connaught Hotel, I had the chef put a side salad together for me that had the most delicious lettuce I ever thought possible. First person to know what type of tomato this is wins.

My mom was dying for me to take a picture of her froth. So here that is….
 So, what you are viewing is some froth. I don’t remember where it came from, but it blanketed some pumpkin ravioli that my mom loved. Now, I could be polite, but why bother. If I was a judge on Iron Chef, I would have commented that it was an interesting method of presenting the pumpkin ravioli, pairing it with such a savory broth, but I found the salt overwhelming, and, if pumpkin were the secret ingredient, it wasn’t the star in this dish. The nice white foam made for a pretty presentation though, so,  well done on the froth.



Question no one has asked:
Are you in France?
Answer:


Evidently not.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a baby zebra stripe tomato to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha this made me laugh out loud (or LOL, as we Americans like to say) a lot. I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete