Dean & Deluca

Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Theory...

I've observed a succession of events that provide evidence for a possible -- and by no means definite -- cultural difference. In order to avoid offending anyone, I'm simply going to list off these observations and let you draw your own conclusions.


1. My parents and I spent three days walking to the ends of London in search of a store that sold, or had even heard of, resistance bands. We couldn't find one adequate sporting goods store or gym, but there were pubs on almost every corner.


2. The sizing at London's American Apparel store isn't so American... 
I've always found the clothes in the US stores to run very very tiny, so I'm usually a size medium (or large, but who's counting?) In the London store, I tried on leggings in the smallest size I could find, and, surprisingly enough, I was trying to keep them from falling down.


3. Although spacious, in every London elevator ( or "lift"), there is a mysteriously low limit to the number of persons allowed inside...


Now, this limit may or may not be linked to a breakfast consisting of this:



You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment