Dean & Deluca

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Selfridges

Think Neiman Marcus, mixed with Barneys, dipped in chocolate, and sprinkled with money and you'll get Selfridges. 
I thought this department store was just like Neimans until I saw this giant, gaudy shoe. Yuck -- this is no Neimans prop.
Then, I was told that behind the gigantic christmas-tree-shoe is the largest shoe department in the world. Touche.


I entered, and it was like the Epcot of shoes -- literally. All the worthy countries were represented.
You had Italy, Italy, France...and many others featuring their most prominent attractions.

And, like any true theme park, there was a photo booth where you could take pictures with your favorite characters.


So,it's just your typical department store with incredible clothes, shoes, photo booths, and FLESH-EATING FISH
Can you believe that this was going on in the middle of the women's clothing department, and my parents just walked by it? Sick people.
At first it looks like a pedicure set up, but in the mini tub where women stick their feet, there are little fish that are supposed to eat off all of your dead skin, "exfoliating" the foot. Yum.




I'll leave you on that note.

2 comments:

  1. Are those your feet in the flesh-eating fish tank? don't lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have... but all the tanks were full

    ReplyDelete