Dean & Deluca

Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Hotdog Bar

I am so sick of / addicted to this “Hot Dog Paradise” series that the Travel Channel has been running. They scour the nation, finding these gorgeous hotdog combinations from restaurants and vendors that are completely unattainable. Honestly, “if you’re ever in Arizona,” my first instinct would be to leave, as opposed to visiting a hotdog stand on the border.

Well, I’ve decided to fight back by satiating my craving that’s been building for six months. I assembled my very own hotdog bar.


Starting with the essentials and soon getting carried away, I ended up with nine different hotdog toppings. 
And the winners are (in no particular order): 
sliced pickles, spicy brown mustard, relish, diced sweet onions, coleslaw, jalapenos, avocado, American cheese, and freshly sliced pineapple. 


(And you can imagine my excitement upon finding the ramekins to go with them.)



I started off with a bang: mustard, diced sweet onions, melted cheese, and jalapenos – this ain’t my first rodeo.



Another favorite was a dog loaded with melted cheese, mustard, jalapenos, avocado and coleslaw.




But the most bizarre, and surprisingly enjoyable, concoction of the night was my mix of onions, avocado, and pineapple. 
I contemplated throwing on some barbeque sauce, but this wasn’t some crappy pizza (no offense to my previous blog post). However, the sweet juice from the pineapple was just the condiment I needed to give the dog that added zing!

1 comment:

  1. ha ha.. hot dog stand on the border.. so very funny

    ReplyDelete