Dean & Deluca

Friday, September 24, 2010

Move in!



Oh, the excitement of moving into a dorm that makes London look grey even on a sunny day! However, if you squint your eyes tightly, the dirt-corroded cement walls of Astor College (my home for the next three months) can have a surprising, esoteric charm. No, wait, I'm looking at the wrong building...


Juuuuuuust kidding. It's really not that bad, and there are two kitchens on each floor which makes it easier to meet people. The kitchens have very minimal appliances, but, along with everyone else in my dorm, I am not on a meal plan, so I will, in fact, be using this thing. However! Each student gets his/her own cubby/locker. Gorgeous, ain't she?


Last night, as I was running out the door to my ACCENT meeting -- a program I think Wash U forces its students to pay for with the intention of helping us adjust to London -- two Spanish girls sitting at the kitchen table asked me where I was from. I answered, smiled, awkwardly said I had to be somewhere, and rushed out the door. Thank you Wash U for hurting my opportunities to meet new people. I think ACCENT is working already!


My room here seems larger than what I had at Wash U, and it has a great big window that really opens it up. There's also a sink right in the room that you shouldn't drink out of -- how vintage!

Here's an after-shot of the room after I "paige-a-tized" it. Make note of how I moved the desk into an area where it won't be used...


Much more to come, but I have to keep you on your toes! Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Paige! its jayme!! I saw this on twitter!!!! omfg im so jealous...... keep blogging girl!! i wanna hear all about your incredible rendezvous in the amazing LONDON! SO JEAL JEAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks just like my room...but mine wasn't paige-a-tized. I only had a hangover poster haha. Hope you are having the best time, and promise me you will eat at Roka and Squat and Gobble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great before and after! You should be an interior designer!!!

    ReplyDelete